- Silver or Gold skull pendant and chain.
- Includes matching chain in the selected metal.
- Gold Pieces Limited to 200 pieces.
- Silver Pieces Limited to 2,000 pieces.
- Each piece is numbered on the back and when they're gone, they're gone.
- Design Features a sugar skull pendant, inspired by the latin phrase "Carpe Diem" meaning "Seize the Day."
- 2 white diamonds totaling .10 carats in the silver skull's eyes.
- Gold skull pendant made from solid 14 karat yellow gold.
- Gold weight is 30 grams.
- 1.5 inches in length from the top of the bail to the bottom of the skull's chin, and 5/8 inches at the widest point.
- 3mm wide 24" long gold curb chain is included in the order.
- Every piece will arrive in our signature black leather pendant box with a polishing cloth
Carpe Diem is a latin aphorism meaning "seize the day" which was immortalized by the Roman poet Horace in his work Odes, circa 23 BC. An excerpt of book 1 of Odes reads, in Latin:
"dum loquimur, fugerit invida aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
"Even as we speak, envious time has fled away. Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow."
Proclamation Jewelry is excited to present this beautiful interpretation of the centuries-old proverb as a pendant and chain combination, which may be worn as an easy way to keep this important thought in mind. The skull is a memento, reminding us that death will sing its song to us all before long. All that can be done is to make the most of the limited time we have here. Do not waste a single moment in mourning for things past or leave important actions for the future, which is not guaranteed. Reflect on the past, plan for the future, but live only in the present and remember that life is a beautiful gift.