- Solid 14k Gold skull ring with ruby eyes.
- Design Features an aggressive sugar skull pendant, inspired by the latin phrase "Carpe Diem" meaning "Seize the Day."
- 2 stones totaling .15 carats in the skull's eyes.
- Gold skull ring made from solid 14 karat gold.
- Total gold weight is approximately 38 grams.
- Approximately 28mm or 1.15 inches in length from the top of the head to the bottom of the skull's chin.
- Piece will arrive in our signature black lacquered wooden box with polished hinge closure, complete with polishing cloth.
Carpe Diem is a latin aphorism meaning "seize the day" which was immortalized by the Roman poet Horace in his work Odes, circa 23 BC. An excerpt of book 1 of Odes reads, in Latin:
"dum loquimur, fugerit invida aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
"Even as we speak, envious time has fled away. Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow."
Proclamation Jewelry is excited to present this beautiful interpretation of the centuries-old proverb as a statement ring, which may be worn as an easy way to keep this important thought in mind. The skull is a memento, reminding us that death will sing its song to us all before long. All that can be done is to make the most of the limited time we have here. Do not waste a single moment in mourning for things past or leave important actions for the future, which is not guaranteed. Reflect on the past, plan for the future, but live only in the present and remember that life is a beautiful gift.